12.31.2008

into the new year.

First things first. I recently returned from "celebrating" xmas at my sister's pad in southern Wisconsin. Delevan to be exact. I snapped off a few packs of film on my 420. Some of those pics are up over on my Flickr. Check 'em out.

Not a whole lot happened while there. Basically watched things, drank things, said things, played things, opened things, ate things, and somewhere in the middle of all those things, spent double digits creating my piece for the word "psychedelic," which is now up over at Mutual Design Playground. Check that out as well.
Definitely one of my most intricate and time consuming pieces to date. For this current style at least.

Today is new years eve. We are having a few friends over tonight to play trivia and not give a fuck about 'nuthin.

Everyone has been posting lists of their favorite albums, etc, of 2008. Since I am a total lemming i think I will do something similar. Originally I had planned to do some sort of elaborate, "I like this, this is why, etc," but am not feeling that anymore. Just going to throw it out there. No order either. I can't prioritize my favs, they are just favs. Word?

The Dandy Warhols "Earth To The Dandy Warhols" (the dandys with darker my love = show of the year. minus the WACK crowd.)

Oasis "Dig Out Your Soul"

The Raveonettes "Lust Lust Lust"

The Kills "Midnight Boom"

These Arms Are Snakes "Tail Swallower and Dove"

Dizzee Rascal "Maths + English" (US version came out this year, so yea, it fits.)

Del Tha Funkee Homosapien "Eleventh Hour"

Blood On The Wall "Liferz"

M83 "Saturdays = Youth" (yea, yea. they (he) blew up this year and everyone loves em. whatever.)

Darker My Love "2"

:::Band I shouldn't like, but do: Vampire Weekend:::

:::Two bands I realized I actually do like, after years of blindness by hype and mainstream media: Interpol and the Strokes:::

:::and this is for you Brian...:::local album of the year: Buildings "Braille Animal"::: SNAP.!..(heard the artwork on that album was pretty dope as well. heh.)

Movies I dug:

August


The Wackness


Surfer, Dude
(i'm serious, BRAH.)


Let The Right One In


7 Pounds


Slumdog Millionaire


Also a bit: Elegy, Choke, Transsiberian, and Vicky Christina Barcelona.

(yes, it was apparently the year of Sir Ben Kinsley.)

::Television show I became unhealthily obsessed with: Lost.::

And this goes unsaid, because if you know me at all, or following this blog even a lil bit, you know I would say Mutual Design Playground is the website of the year. Way to go Jake! (Hulu is pretty rad as well, though that's a bit late 07 if you ask me. public in 08!)

Guess that is all folks. Time to go get rehydration agents for tomorrow morning. Hope 'yall have a dandy new year and a fun time peacin' out OH EIGHT!

3 comments:

BenjaminKucera said...

i haven't seen almost any of those flix. something to do.

lemming. what a great word selection.

jane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jane said...

I had to comment on this. Nathan and I went to see "Let the right one in" at a pre-screening of it. I very much enjoyed it and was very excited to see that someone else had seen it and like it as well.