1.25.2009

Surfin' Superior.

This was in today's (01.25.09) Pioneer Press. Love it:
I first heard about people surfing the Great Lakes a few years ago when I saw the documentary "Step Into Liquid." This is just more proof, as me and my buddy Jake used to always say while living in Door County, WI, that Lake Michigan (and the Great Lakes as a whole) was the ocean of the Midwest. Fuck yea. Surf that shit BRAH!

//// Step Into Liquid has to be one of my favorite documentaries. Surfing and surf culture is really inspiring to me and my work for some reason....check the trailer:



While speaking of inspiring documentaries, here is the trailer for another of my fav. docs. (completely non-surf related.)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you silly midwesterners and your pretend oceans. hahaha. just kidding. looks rad! cold as shit, but rad nonetheless.

and in the gehry trailer... THE FISH!!!!! fuck, i loved that thing. i want it.

Jesse Draxler said...

minnesota = "just like california, half of the time. (minus the POSERS)"

Anonymous said...

don't hate. you're the one with framed photos of palm trees on your wall.

BenjaminKucera said...

surfing the great lakes = awesome

i had no idea people around here did that.