2.13.2008

print shapes /& cut.

So, I've been meaning to update this blog for a bit now. I was in New York late Decemeber / early January and when I returned home I was planning on posting a grand blog with photos and witty stories of my travels...but alas, I did not, nor do I plan on ever doing that being that my personal statute of limitations for posting said blog has ran up. If you know me, I have already told you of my adventures and if you don't know me, why the hell would you care anyway?

I have been working on a new body of work as of lately. An extension of my thesis work I suppose you could say. Collage/drawing/painting sort of things. Images of this work will be on jessedraxler.com relatively soon. Hopefully. I am also getting together self promotional packets to send to publications with hopes of having some sent out by early next week. To the art directors who receive these packages: Hire me to doodle you pictures n' shit yo!

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. That image up there (the "Munny") is actually something I created as a gift for said occasion. Well, I didn't actually create is as much as I decorated one of those do-it-yourself blank Munnys. It was created with cut strips from 1950's Life magazine pages. There is a theme beyond that, but I do not know what that theme is.

What else, what else? I've been on a big 12 Rods kick lately. That seems relevant since this is my blog and that is something that has been affecting my day to day life. I suggest everyone to go out and buy all of their albums, especially Separation Anxieties, which is my favorite. All of them are most excellent though.

I guess that is all I have to say at this particular moment.

No comments: